Saturday, December 15, 2007

My niece, Ava...

...has arrived! I'm an aunt! Ava Louise Rinehart is already almost a week old, but you can't blame me for the lack of photos... that's the rest of my family's fault! My sister, Dale, and her husband, Joe, live in North Carolina, so when Dale went into labor (11:45 on Saturday night) my parents and grandparents (visiting from South Africa) drove down to be there for the birth. They missed it by a couple of hours, but promised to keep me updated with events as they unfolded. If updated means, "here's a postage stamp-sized picture of your sister's baby that we're sending to you from our camera phone" then they did a great job! It took several days and threats to call the police to have their grandparent licenses revoked, but I finally got some pictures. Here are some of my favorites:


Born on Sunday, December 9, 2007

at 9:48 a.m.

weighing in at 8.0 lbs (my dad won the bet!)

and measuring 20.75 inches!

Pern and I will be heading down to see the new family after the Holiday Program on Wednesday the 19th. We'll have a little pre-Christmas, Christmas and then head back up here for real Christmas with my 'rents and grand'rents. I am looking forward to seeing them and taking some pictures of my own!