Sunday, October 5, 2008

Apple Picking Trip

It wouldn't be fall without a trip to Stribling Orchard in Markham, VA!  Today was our school's annual Apple Picking Family Field Trip.  This is the fourth year we've scheduled a trip to Stribling and the third year we actually went!  The first year we were rained out, the second it rained a little and was freezing cold/miserable, but the third and now fourth years were beautiful!  The weather was perfect, the turn out was good, it was a little too busy for my liking (apparently the orchard had some press recently and was featured on Fox 5 News, so it was significantly busier than in previous years) but we all had a good time.  Pern is in Indiana with his dad so I was flying solo for this one.  I arrived early, bought my pumpkins and apples (no picking for me this year... just picking out of the pre-picked crates, if that counts!) and took some pictures.  As in the past, I won't post pictures of the children from my school, but here are some of my other favorites...  Happy Fall!!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello :)
I just stumbled across your site & just wanted to say that these photo's are gorgeous! I look fwd to looking further into your blog - especially any Montessori mentions you might have!