Sunday, June 28, 2009

22 weeks... big changes, yet - still the same??

So... looking at these pictures, I don't see a whole lot of change between the 18 / 19 week pictures and today (22w2d).  I feel different.  I feel bigger.  Much bigger.  Bigger is different and a tough pill to swallow.  Having spent several months last year losing 15-20 pounds, it's difficult to watch it creep back on.  I know, I know, it's all for a good cause, but that doesn't make it any more fun.  

The baby (he has a name, btw... if you're interested, just ask! - I told you I couldn't keep a secret) has been rolling, kicking, punching, and doing Riverdance on my bladder daily.  If you've ever wondered what it feels like to be kicked in the cervix, you can ask me about that, too.  I've read that it can happen to some women during pregnancy, but not all.  Lucky me - I fall into the "some" category on this one!  

According to my books, he's about 7-8 inches long (crown to rump - about 10-11 inches full length, I guess) and closing in on a pound in weight.  Grow, baby, grow!  I'm about 71 inches in length (full length - no idea how long I am crown to rump!) and closing in on an extra 13-15 pounds.  Sigh.  Go, me, go.  



You can't give Pern a camera and not expect him to go for something artsy.  :D

1 comment:

Steph said...

Okay, I'll bite: What's your little guy's name?

Oh, and on that expanding tummy thing... The other night I was cooking Bolognese sauce in our big skillet and totally forgot I now have this giant tummy. Until I felt something burning me through my shirt. I'd been standing there with my tummy right up against the edge of the skillet the whole time I was stirring. Oops! My shirt's fine; the tummy, not so much. D'oh!