Friday, August 21, 2009

Twenty-nine.

No, not twenty-nine weeks pregnant.  I'm actually 30 weeks today.  Give or take 10 weeks to go.  Woo hoo!  October will be here before we know it!  

No... twenty-nine is the number of tomatoes I have in my kitchen right now.  See?

I've been picking two or three a week for the last month or so, but had a bunch that were on the verge of ripe.  When I went out this afternoon to get them I turned right around and went back inside for something to carry them in!  Too many tomatoes!  

I'm going to make tomato sauce tonight for spaghetti on Sunday.

Then I'm going to make some salsa.

And tomato soup.

Bruschetta?  

BLTs?

Oh... and there are still more on the vine.  Still green, waiting to ripen.  More sauce, more salsa, more soup.  If you'd told me last May that I'd have this "problem," I don't think I would've believed you.  That's OK...

I love tomatoes. 

1 comment:

Dale said...

Ava saw this and yelled, "Heart!" :)