Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Um...now I'm 30

So yesterday was my birthday. I'm officially 30. This is not as sucky as I thought it might be. But it still sucks. The birthday party I was supposed to have was cancelled when we answered the friendship call of duty and went to babysit our friends' children, but I had a nice birthday anyway.

It went a little something like this:

p.s. Italics represent my reminders to myself as I went through my day.

Nothing says "happy birthday" like a Monday morning. Time to go to work! And, oh, yeah... by the way, you're thirty ! We had parent-teacher conferences for the last couple of days, so it was a fairly quiet day at school. Got some conferences in and got a lot of work done in my classroom. And oh, that's right... you're thirty! Yummy brownies from Keturah at lunch. Don't forget, you're thirty! My dad brought me the biggest balloon in the world, some flowers, and candies to wish me a happy birthday (psst..still thirty) at work, which was really nice, and when I got home I got more flowers from my friends, Claudia and Linnea. My parents came over, we went to The Cheesecake Factory (home of the yummy corn cakes that I love) for dinner, and then home for ice-cream cake (guess how many candles?) and presents. Did I mention that I'm thirty?

All in all it was a good day. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing. Except maybe the thirty part.

I love Gerbera daisies! Thanks, Linnea and Claudia!

I love presents, too!

I love my new Crate and Barrel fall-leafy placemats, napkins, and candle holder!

Mom wasn't too impressed with Dale's card. It says, "I couldn't ask for a better sister. Well, I could, but I think Mom's too old now!" Ha, ha.. I thought it was funny.

Yes, I could feel the heat from the candles. That was a lot of candles.

My wish? Not to turn thirty ever again.

Ten more years until I turn forty. Ugh.. here we go again!

No comments: