Monday, May 26, 2008

My first harvest!

We just ate a salad with our dinner!!!  And the lettuce came from my garden!!!!  I grew it myself!!!  Can I hear a WOO HOO??!!!  Everything is growing so beautifully... I couldn't be happier.  It's just a matter of time before the WHOLE salad comes from my garden!  I have green beans climbing up the bean cage, cucumbers with flowers and teeny, tiny baby cucumbers coming in behind them, flowers on my tomato plant, which means tomatoes are just a short wait away, good lookin' carrot stalks... sigh.  I'm in gardener heaven.  The only thing I can't figure out (and I haven't really looked into it yet) is why my broccoli is flopping over.  Maybe it grows that way, I don't know.  But,  I don't think it looks right.  Anyhoo... here are the pictures to prove it:  I am a gardener.  And, knock on wood, the rabbits don't know it yet!

Green beans

Floppy broccoli 

Here comes the cucumber!

Carrots

Tomatoes are on their way.

Mmmm... salad.  Even Pern ate some!

2 comments:

Dale said...

In the immortal words of . . . someone(?): "Can I has a Amen brutha?"

Wooohoo!

Karen said...

Amen!!!