Thursday, July 9, 2009

Unfried, Green Tomatoes!

The buckets and buckets of rain we had in May and June had both a positive and negative effect on my garden.  On one hand:

Some flowers did pretty well.  While:

Some have dried up since the rain stopped.

What about the cucumbers, you ask?

They're pathetic:

I planted the cucumbers too late (too many rainy weekends), but the green beans...

... are doing great!

And the tomatoes...

Don't be jealous, I'm just as surprised as you are!

So on one hand - the garden's doing great!

But this view tells a different story:

Carrots, lettuce?  All washed away.  And by the time I realized what had happened it was too late to plant.  If I get a decent cucumber out of those two plants, I'll be surprised.  Now tomatoes... those are a different story!  Anyone have a good tomato sauce recipe?  :D

No comments: