Sunday, April 27, 2008

My latest artistic attempt

So you might remember my birthday last November. That's right, I turned 30, thanks for reminding me... Anyway, for my b-day, I received some lovely Crate & Barrel place mats, napkins, and a candelabra/centerpiece; featured here:


I love the leafy pattern on the napkins/place mats, and decided that I wanted to paint a picture for the dining room / area that would incorporate that pattern. Well, that's a bigger project than I had in mind yesterday when I said to Pern, "I want to paint a picture." I have been looking at the naked space over the kitchen sink lately and thinking, "Hmm... it needs a little somethin'..." I just wasn't sure what. So I painted a place mat inspired picture to look at while I (really, Pern - he does waaaay more dishes than I do) do the dishes. I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Our sink even has "art gallery ambience" with a florescent strip light overhead to illuminate any artwork that might be placed above the sink.  How convenient.  And harsh.  Pern thinks we should contact Clorox, Dawn, Jergens, and the Target Corporation to find out what they typically pay for product placement.

My masterpiece!

1 comment:

Dale said...

Very nice! I like the colors - how'd you get the textured background? Do you just use acrylics? And I like the new header - where you'd get all the graphics?