Monday, April 21, 2008

Superstitious Blog

So I'm aiding and abetting one of Pern's Stanley Cup superstitions.  I'm such an enabler.  You see, the Caps won their first game (while I was blogging about the cherry trees in our neighborhood) and they won their fifth game (while I blogging about working in the garden this weekend).  They did not win games 2, 3, or 4.  Not because they weren't playing as well, or because the Flyers were playing better, or because they had crappy luck.  No.  It's because I wasn't blogging.
Never knew I had so much power, did you?  Well, Pern seems to think I do.  I mean, in some whacky looking-for-an-answer kind of way, it does make sense.  About as much sense as Pern wearing his Coca Cola: Keepin' it Real shirt (because it's red) and making sure he shaves on game day.  Oh, and then his friend, Dave, is helping the Caps win by not watching the game.  Because when he watches, they lose, when he doesn't, they win.  

Sigh.  Go Caps!

3 comments:

Pern said...

LET'S GO CAPS!!! LET'S GO CAPS!!! KEEP KAREN BLOGGING!!! LET'S GO KAREN!!! LET'S GO CAPS!!!! -pern :)

Dale said...

Ok. If you tell me the dates that the Caps won, I'll see if Joe or I were doing something on those days that we weren't doing on the other days. Perhaps I was baking... I've been doing a lot of that lately but not everyday... Joe could have mowed the lawn. But then to make it fun and interesting, we'll do the opposite! Devil's advocate in the jinx the Caps kinda way - after all, they beat out the Canes, right? :(

Steph said...

And here I thought we had Ovechkin to thank for last night's win. Thanks, Karin! Pern needs to get you a Caps sweater to wear tonight. You deserve your own number. :)